Smashing Ideas is seeking a driven, thoughtful expert in the Mobile space to join the team as an Associate Technical Director.
As a part of Technology leadership within our organization, we’re looking for a strong leader, with both hands-on technical chops, as well as the ability to lead and mentor other developers. The ideal Associate Technical Director will have a passion for creating mobile experiences that change the lives of their users, and the ability to drive mobile strategy within the company. Join us in our quest to push the edge of impossible, and be digital pioneers who make things that matter. Our team includes smart people who appreciate talented, collaborative thought leadership, continuous learning, experimentation, and a lust for creating and implementing cutting edge technologies using agile processes. We welcome those who share these passions to apply.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Maintain a strong command of Mobile Technology, both native and cross-platform
- Lead and execute technology strategy for our clients to help them achieve their business goals.
- Evaluate, with our technology team, new technologies and external service, system and product providers
- Stay current on mobile industry trends, practices and issues, assessing and communicating their potential impact on the business and on our customers
- Collaborate with other developers, designers, and strategists to ensure project outcomes align with priorities and direction
- Partner with other teams to assure the completion of our projects on time, on budget, and to the delight of our customers.
- Mentor other junior developers, and provide project oversight, scoping, and customer interface.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 5+ years of software development experience in fast paced environments, with dynamic teams, and with changing priorities.
- 3+years developing software on mobile platforms, including native iOS, Android, and Unity
- In-depth understanding of mobile development workflow, including provisioning, certification, submission and publishing
- Strong programming and application architecture skills
- A deep-seated curiosity regarding new methods of solving problems, both for our customers, as well as internally.
- Ability to forge strong relationships with executive leadership, production management, and design to achieve common goals
- Elbow grease, and a strong desire to get your hands dirty (with code)
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline.
This is an on-site position at Seattle office. No relocation budget.