Talent, meet opportunity
Push the edge of impossible
Our Smashing Values
The business of fun
Got the chops?
Smashing Ideas Project Managers are experienced in scoping, planning, budgeting, resourcing, tracking, and launching a range of medium- to large-scale digital projects. The PM oversees the day-to-day operations of cross-functional teams, focusing on maximizing team performance and meeting project objectives.
- Lead, support and motivate internal teams of developers, QA engineers, designers, and strategists through all project phases.
- Based on budget, capacity and skillset, create and manage staff plans and schedules for each project.
- Plan, track, and assure quality through all stages of the project.
- Conduct daily standups in order to review project activity, providing current status information and addressing issues or barriers that may prevent a smooth workflow.
- Organize and document project meetings.
- Create client-facing reports and documentation.
- Effectively manage internal team, client, and stakeholder expectations throughout projects.
- Actively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks, and create contingency plans.
- Review and approve deliverables prepared by team before sharing with client.
- Oversee and coordinate all project documentation, including project briefs, functional specifications, bug reports, and knowledge transfer to project stakeholders.
- In collaboration with others, identify, vet and hire contractors and outside partners necessary for project execution.
- Support business development initiatives in the scoping and estimating of new project opportunities.
- Critical Thinker: You’re able to evaluate feedback and ideas from clients and team members, consider implications and risks, and determine the best next steps and recommendations that will benefit your projects.
- Communicator: You know how to develop and idea and communicate it to clients, how to exchange ideas with technical and creative types, and how to keep your teams motivated and informed.
- Negotiator: You’re comfortable discussing project scope, schedules and budgets with clients and vendors, as well as working out project details with internal teams.
- Problem Solver: You anticipate most issues before they occur, and find solutions quickly and effectively.
- Collaborator: You build and cultivate positive working relationships with clients, partners, and internal teams.
- 2+ years of experience leading teams and collaborating on medium- to large-scale digital projects within an agency environment.
- Passion for working and leading in a fast-paced, high-volume production environment.
- High level of ownership, enthusiasm, and a collaborative, professional temperament.
- Ability to be attentive and responsive to client concerns.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task within time and technical constraints.
- Ability to establish effective collaborative working relationships across different functional areas.
- Strong working understanding of current web and mobile technologies.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience working with and building remote teams a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced training or certification required.
- Scrum Master or Product Owner certification highly desirable.
*Smashing Ideas is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender presentation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team and inclusive environment.
**This is an onsite position in our beautiful Seattle, WA office. This is not a Telecommute/Remote Work position.