Progressive Web Apps (PWA): Source Materials
Most smart phone users download 0 apps/month
80% of apps are uninstalled within 1 week
- 80% within 1 week – AndrewChen / Quettra: New data shows losing 80% of mobile users is normal
- 25% after a single use – ReCode: One in Four Mobile apps are abandoned after a single use
20% increase in mobile sales & revenue
8% increase in recovered shopping carts
50% increase in customer engagement
- 53% more mobile sessions – Lancome
- 160% more mobile sessions – MakeMyTrip
- 25% more pages per session – Twitter
- 20% more pages per session – George.com
- 20% lower bounce rate – Twitter
- 200% lower bounce rate – George.com
- 43% more time per session – MyNet
- 150% more repeat visits – Trivago
- 250% more repeat visits – OLX
33% decrease in development and maintenance
- Assumption based on capabilities analysis.
- PWA currently can replace many Android Apps.
- PWA in near future is expected to be able to replace many IOS Apps, and currently has enough capabilities to powerfully improve mobile.
- Assumes elimination of 1 of 3 platforms (Eliminate Android, keeping IOS app and mobile web.)
- Development and maintenance savings may be greater than 33% if PWA can serve all mobile web needs, eliminating need for new or existing apps.
- Development and maintenance savings may be less than 33% if all platforms are maintained.
If you missed out on seeing how Progressive Webs Apps could supercharge your 2019 mobile strategy, click here.