Raspberry Pi at SI.
Recently, developer Ben Van Citters brought Raspberry Pi to Smashing Ideas. As tasty as that sounds, Raspberry Pi is an inexpensive, but highly adaptable, computer that can fit in the palm of your hand. The mini-computer, roughly the size of a credit card, has the same speed, memory, and capability of an iPhone 5. Ben walked roughly 20 of Smashing’s employees, from all disciplines, through the ins and outs of setting up and programming the computer.
If you’re wondering what the use-case is for such a tiny computer, consider the following:
- Works great for building prototypes or in enclosures with small-form factors.
- You can build an old-school mini-arcade.
- Stream media – consider it your personal home theater and streaming radio.
- Back-up file storage server.
- Extremely portable, making it ideal for travel.
- Plus, it comes preinstalled with Minecraft!
Interested in a fun, informal Raspberry Pi training? Give us a shout.