Smashing to Take the Stage at the 2017 Seattle Interactive Conference
We are excited to share that Smashing will take the stage not once, but twice, at the 2017 Seattle Interactive Conference. This year’s conference is taking place October 17 – 18, at The Conference Center in downtown Seattle. For full conference details, click here. Smashing’s sessions include the following:
Social-Emotional Learning, Self-Empowerment & Flibbertigibbet: How Digital Can Affect Positive Change in Kids
Teaching complex behavioral techniques through mobile applications has been around for years, yet few make a positive and lasting impact on the lives of the end-users. The creative and strategic minds behind Mindful Powers – a kid-first, holistic approach to building social-emotional learning through the power of play – will walk you through the intricate details of taking skills-based methodologies, such as Mindfulness and Acceptance Commitment Therapy, and the practical application of them in an inclusive and accessible digital experience that helps children build healthier relationships with life, stress, and anxiety.
- How to teach mindfulness and complex behavioral therapies to kids by making abstract ideas accessible to this young demographic through:
- Motivational UX principles
- Game design thinking
- Constructivist learning approach
- How to you create an original IP product within an agency through an entrepreneurial/start-up mindset
- How do you create an “anti-game” game? — Designing a game experience that is the antithesis to what’s expected
- How to create with heart and the passion needed to help kids and change their lives for the better
- Tuesday, October 17
- 9:30 – 10:20AM
- Level 2, Chelan 2
Smashing Ideas worked on a proof of concept to demonstrate how voice-based UI (such as Alexa, Siri, Cortana, or Google) can drastically improve the patient care experience. As we progressed through the various technical aspects, we discussed how best to present this proof of concept — not really feeling inspired by cranking out yet another slideshow. The interactive nature of the story we were crafting demanded something more. Then someone said the word “diorama”. Drory will share the story of why we focused on healthcare, some of the existing challenges in the industry that galvanized this focus, and the decisions that drove the creation of the diorama. He’ll also touch on some of the questions generated during the course of the project, many of which we’re still actively working to answer.
- Insights into the current state of hospital care and how technology used thoughtfully can serve as powerful change-agents.
- A fresh perspective on how we should approach designing and developing experiences for/with increasingly smarter devices.
- An alternative to the conventional wisdom of how to present ideas to potential stakeholders.
- Access to a field-guide for “breathing life” into your voice-UI interaction scenarios.
- Tuesday, October 17
- 3:50 – 4:40PM
- Level 2, Chelan 5
If you’re interested in saying hello or talking shop at the conference, drop us a note. We’ll have a wide representation of Smashing’s expertise attending the conference. We hope to see you there!